Tuesday 8 April 2014

the block.

Last night, while watching The Block (my very favourite show), I saw something I loved. Often when I am watching The Block, especially the room reveals (or house reveal, in the case of last night), I see things I like or ideas for our house, but occasionally I see things that I really love!

This was last night:




This bathroom was designed by my Block couple crush, Kyal and Kara, and the funny boys, Brad and Dale (part of a previous couple crush). I love both of their styles. 

As a whole, this bathroom is great, but the thing I love is the towels. They are quite difficult to see in the shot above but I can't find a still of them (this is a screen shot from the video). They are plush, have a Moroccan tile imprint, and tassels!


Here is the photo of them from The Block Shop but the colour is very different. I'm not sure which is more true to the real towel but I think I prefer the darker colour shown above. 




They are Hermon & Hermon Bedouin Societe Towels in Ventian Sky. Unfortunately for me, a single Bath Sheet is $110 and a Hand Towel is $45 - this isn't really my price range for towels. If it's yours, or you want to gift me, you can buy them at The Block Shop here.


I decided to go through and look at the rooms from this series and show you a few other things I love.

I'll start with this lush one. This is Brad and Dale's master suite. I love the bed linen: the simple quilt with laced edge and blue blanket. Anyone know where they are from?


These candle holders were on Brad and Dale's dining room table. They are simple yet colourful. They dress up the table without being too pretentious. They remind me of (or maybe they are) something I saw in gorman last season but can't find any trace of them now... anyone!?


This is Kyal and Kara's kitchen. I love their use of wood. I specifically love the cut out nook under the bench to add interest by having things out but not in the way all over the kitchen bench.  

Their glass covered brick splashback adds an interesting dimension to the room. I love the tweed pots they chose to put their herbs in (maybe because I have a succulent growing in an orange one). Buy it here from Have You Met Miss Jones (however I can't see them in black).


This is Alisa and Lysandra's living room. I love the leather! Those occasional's look so comfy - like you'd sink into it - but sophisticated, and I can't go past a brown leather couch - if only money grew on trees!

And to finish, this is Kyal and Kara's guest bedroom. I love the muted colours on the bed which bring some life to the simple room, but I especially love the floating wooden shelf and cooper mirror.

There it is. Some faves of mine from The Block! Did you have anything you loved? Do you know where some of these products can be sourced?

No comments:

Post a Comment