Monday 14 April 2014

wedding.

I am a girl of many passions, dreams and ideas. This year I am taking time off work, commitments, pretty much everything, to look after my health. It's really difficult cause I just love doing stuff. My mind doesn't turn off (hence I started a blog) but I keep thinking about things to do. 

One idea, which I’ve had for a while, is to plan weddings. My old job (technically, the job I am on leave from) was an event manager, so I like doing that, but I love the beauty of weddings and the individuality of each one. 

Here are some beautiful images from Pinterest that I love and would love to implement into someone else's wedding! Unfortunately I'm not planning on getting married again any time soon I just love Thearle Boy way too much! 

Feel free to check out and follow my Pinterest boards for a tiny bit of wedding inspiration and lots of other great things! 
  

 Unfortunately, at the time of my wedding, my nieces and nephews were too young to participate in the ceremony (much to my and my sister's sadness). I do love cute little people in weddings though. 


how sweet is this little girl in her tulle and crown!?


Wedding dresses are one of the most expensive, deliberated over, and potentially important pieces in a girls wedding day. Here are a couple that I am drooling over post my own wedding. Don't get me wrong, my dress is something I do not regret, but there are so many beautiful options!

lace is beautiful, ornate and sophisticated. I love this open back. 
this dress is simple, elegant and sexy. I love the effortless detail. 
I love the relaxed style, low back and flow, and it's ability to still be breathtaking.



Flowers are my favourite. They make a wedding. There is something truly beautiful about flowers in your hair. Although it's not true for me, I love the quote:
"I would rather have flowers in my hair than diamonds around my neck."
I really just want both! I do love flowers, but who can go past diamonds!?

Both of these below are simple and elegant - I have seen many floral crowns that look like they are more about having flowers in their hair than them helping to reveal the beauty of the bride.

a soft and elegant style
a more rustic and earthy feel but still amazing!


I used to think there was no such thing as too many flowers  especially at a wedding. That was until I went to a wedding which had too many flowers. I felt like their beauty was spoilt - there is an art to restraint! I do love flowers. One of the most (and many) beautiful things from my wedding, were the flowers. They were so amazing! I haven’t seen anything like them so have just posted this simple bouquet.

this baby's breath is simple but elegant and a little playful



The party is hard - who to invite, cocktail or sit down, round or long tables, how to decorate, what gifts to take home, what band do we want? There are lots of questions. I think simplicity is beautiful, fun is a must, and bringing your own personality is key. I currently love these long tables, soft lights, wooden touches, and natural beauty.

it is a bit casual but I love the mood created with the flowers, candles and fairy lights.
this hanging floral arrangement adds so much without crowding the tables.
I love the mood that is created with the dark table cloths, candles and wooden chairs.
a daytime, casual affair is made amazing with curving tables and inset in a garden. Beautiful.
wooden chairs, flowers, perfect lighting and super long tables all get ticks in my book!


Details are so important! It's so easy for some people to leave them to the last minute or not worry about them at all but they make a big impact (as seen above). At the moment, I'm seriously crushing on gold details. I have to admit, I have never been a gold girl and never thought I would be, but it's just so gorgeous! I love this gold!

not only are these hand painted balloons amazing, but look at her skirt!
can you imagine a room filled with those gold-touch balloons - I'm in love!
garlands and bunting are pretty fashionable, but why not!? This scalloped garland would be
amazing as a backdrop for the ceremony, a photo booth or just strung around the reception.
who doesn't feel like partying when they see that!?


There's a sneak peak of some of my current favourite wedding ideas.

I'll post some photos from my own wedding here another time. There are definitely changes I would make if I were to do it again but I did love it so much! I think you will too. P.S. You should see our album  it’s to die for.

No comments:

Post a Comment