Sunday 18 May 2014

cards.

During the week I worked on a project that I had wanted to do for a long time: card making.

I hate waste so I try to reuse anything I come across. I made some cards and gift tags from used envelopes, conference brochures, boxes and cut outs from magazines and newspapers. 

Simple, cheap and they look great! And they give an extra special touch to a beautiful present or added meaning to a hand written card. 

Here is a sample of some I made this week. 


And these are a couple I made a while back, but are still favourties.


The Mother's Day card I made for my mum last year.

However, if you're not in to making your own, there are lots of handmade ones to buy to support small and local businesses. I recommend TEAPEAlala, the small business of my friend, Erin. She designs and creates cards with simple photographs or special messages hand written over the top. 



Images from http://www.etsy.com/shop/TEAPEAlala

She also does custom wedding stationery, amazing hipster bow ties, and is an all-round lovely person. Check out her website and etsy store, like her on facebook and follow her on insta – you won't be disappointed.

Image from http://www.teapealala.com/shop

No comments:

Post a Comment