Thursday 16 July 2015

tea please.

My herbal tea loving has being going strong lately and so you can only imagine what I was like when I discovered a Tea Club. Yes, there are book clubs and sporting clubs and fan clubs... why not tea clubs!? Now it's not any old Tea Club, it's owned by a naturopath, which I could only presume would result in the best quality teas, that not only taste delicious but are good for you too.

So on my wishlist it went. I even told people to buy it for my husband's birthday (so I didn't have to wait so long). But then Laura, from Burton Health (and TEA CLUB) contacted me about trialling it and reviewing it. Excited? Yes!

So, I thought, how about we get to know her too (as I love supporting small business) and we can learn a bit about naturopathy and her tea too! 


In a nutshell, what is naturopathy and who is it for? 
Naturopathy is natural health care that incorporates herbal medicine, nutrition and healthy lifestyle practices to help people achieve increased vitality and wellness. It is perfect for anyone who wants to get sound, evidence-based advice to help them improve their health. We work with anyone from newborns to great-grandparents.

We're in the middle of winter, aka cold and flu season, why should someone visit a naturopath instead of their doctor? 
Naturopathic medicine can be used to boost the immune system to help prevent catching a cold or flu. It's great as the first line of defence. I also find that herbs are amazing for clearing up annoying coughs that linger long after the cold/flu has gone.

What started your love for tea? 
I was born in England so I think that pretty much means I was born with a tea cup in my hand! I can’t remember a time that I didn’t drink tea. As I got older, I realised that the traditional black tea didn’t suit my body and I slowly transitioned into herbal tea. I didn’t really start loving herbal tea until I started making my own. I’m definitely a tea snob now.

What makes your tea "noice, different, unusual"? 
I use only organic herbs in my tea blends. I never add flavouring, sugar or artificial ingredients, instead I let the beautiful natural ingredients speak for themselves. And I use my herbal medicine training to develop blends that not only taste great, but also nourish the body. Ohh and of course, I hand make each blend with love. Love is the secret ingredient.

How do you brew the perfect cup of tea? 
Three vital ingredients: 1. Amazing organic herbal tea 2. A nice teapot 3. A pretty tea cup. 
I add my herbs to the pot, pour in boiling water (you can use boiling water for herbal tea without damaging the brew), let it steep for 5-15 minutes, sit down and enjoy cup after cup. I leave my herbs in the pot so that more of the constituents are drawn out of the herbs the longer it steeps.



MEET THE MAKER:

5 words to describe you
Image from here
Noice, different, unusual... Kidding! Tea obsessed, recovering chocoholic, realist.

Favourite:

    • flowerPrimrose, Snapdragon, Lavender
    • breakfastchia pudding in summer, oat bran breakfast bowl (a.k.a the best organic breakfast bowl in the world) in winter, healthy pancakes on weekends and healthy muffins when I’m not in a breakfast mood.
    • colour scheme: white and wood with splashes of colour
    • location: Any beach. I love to be near the water. Favourite holiday destination is Tokoriki island resort in Fiji. Favourite city is Sydney. I feel so lucky to live here!
    • thing in your home: My bath tub. Such a great way to unwind.
    • outfitMy Peter Alexander Booo ghost PJ’s.
    • day of the weekSunday – we call it alarm free Sunday. It’s the only day of the week that I get to wake up naturally and I also get to spend the day with my love.






    For more info on her Tea Club, tune back in here shortly for my review, or if you're just too excited to wait, visit here. Visit her online shop here to buy a one-off bag (that will keep you coming back for more).

    2 comments: